You’re invited to the
California Women Lawyers’ 2016 Annual Conference
Equality, Opportunity, and Advocacy:
The Empowerment Summit
Alameda County District Attorney
2016 Judith Soley Lawyer as Citizen Award Recipient
Pauline A. Weaver
Friday, May 6, 2016
Conference 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Reception 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
1970 Diamond Blvd.
*Book your room at the Concord Hilton by April 14th to receive discounted rates of $154/person per night
Panel Sneak Peak:
What In-House Counsel Really Want from Outside Counsel
(1.25 Hours of General MCLE)
Moderator: Suzette Torres, Fidelity National Law Group
- Lora Blum, LinkedIn
- Yoon Chang, Walmart
- Holly Harris, Chevron
- Lisa Turbis, Autodesk
Please join our panel of in-house lawyers to discover the qualities they look for when they hire outside counsel, examples of what outside counsel have done to successfully keep the relationship going, and examples of when the attorney-client relationship has been compromised and the relationship ended.
Other Panels Include:
- How Implicit Bias Shapes the Legal Landscape
- Pathways to Partnership
- Perceived Identity: How it Affects Your Advocacy
- Personal Branding
- The GRIT Project: Using Grit and Growth Mindset to Advance Women Lawyers
- Effective Advocacy in the Courtroom
- Women and Leadership
- Closing the Gender Wage Gap: Practical Implications for Employers Arising from California's Amended Fair Pay Act
· CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
· *WLALA members who are not CWL members can get the CWL member price by checking the non-member box on the registration page, and then entering the promotional code “AC2016” in the relevant box that appears after checking the “non-member” box.