Recipes for Busy Lawyers
Editor’s Note—This is a new series for our newsletter, send us the most delicious and nutritious recipes that you love to feed yourself or your family and we will share them!
Submitted by Hon. Sandra Klein
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large Italian eggplant cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium zucchini cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 3/4 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like things spicy)
- 28 oz can unsalted diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425o F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with heavy duty tin foil and mist with cooking spray.
- Spread the eggplant in a single layer on one baking sheet; spread the zucchini and bell pepper in a single layer on the other baking sheet. Mist both baking sheets of vegetables with cooking spray and season with kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian herbs.
- Roast eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers, turning once or twice until golden brown and very tender. (30 to 35 minutes for the eggplant; 28 to 32 minutes for the zucchini and bell pepper).
- In a large saucepan heat oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until translucent and lightly browned (5 to 7 minutes). Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add roasted vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 30 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe works well as an entrée (by adding chicken, shrimp or another protein and pasta or rice) or as a side dish.
Hon. Sandra Klein is a WLALA Board Member. Judge Klein is bankruptcy judge for the Central District of California.