Recipes for Busy Lawyers
Editor’s Note—This is a new series for our newsletter, send us the most delicious and nutritious recipes that you love to feed yourself or your family and we will share them!
Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce
Submitted by: Hon. Sandra Klein
Olive oil cooking spray
1 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes (low sodium is best)
1 chopped medium onion
1 chopped medium bell pepper
1 small can mushrooms (stems & tops) drained
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
½ teaspoon italian herbs
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat frying pan on medium heat until water sizzles when thrown in.
2. Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray.
3. Drizzle olive oil in pan and spread out evenly.
4. Sauté onions until translucent.
5. Add garlic, mix with onions.
6. Add chopped bell pepper and sauté until fully cooked.
7. Add mushrooms.
8. Add crushed tomatoes and stir to combine all ingredients. Cook until tomatoes are thoroughly heated through.
9. Sprinkle with italian herbs, fresh basil, kosher salt, and pepper to taste.
TIMESAVING TIP: This tomato sauce freezes well. The recipe can be doubled or tripled and the extra sauce can be frozen in a freezer & microwave safe container and quickly reheated in the microwave. No defrosting necessary!
Hon. Sandra Klein is a WLALA Board Member. Judge Klein is bankruptcy judge for the Central District of California.