Recipes for Busy Lawyers
Editor’s Note—Send us the most delicious and nutritious recipes that you love to feed yourself or your family and we will share them!
Submitted by Jennifer Leland
- 3/4 C graham flour or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 3/4 C pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C cream soda
- 1 tbls vanilla extract
- 2 C smashed graham crackers (pea-sized bits)
Pumpkin Cheesecake Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 3 C powdered sugar, sifted
- Whisk together flours, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix the oil, cream soda, and vanilla into the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the graham crackers.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Frosting Instructions
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar.
Jennifer Leland is the WLALA Communication Officer. Ms. Leland is an attorney at Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.