WLALA Golf League or WLALA SCGA Golf Club – Which is It? What’s up in 2015?
Cynthia Cohen, Ph.D.
WLALA SCGA Golf Club President
Since I field questions about the WLALA Golf League and the WLALA SCGA Golf Club all year long, it is time to address the similarities and differences in the newsletter to help you know where to join us. Registration for both are through the WLALA website or WLALA office.
It’s never too late to join our WLALA SCGA Golf Club as each month we have a new event or course to play. (Our SCGA $50 annual membership includes many benefits such as maintaining a golf handicap and opportunities to play courses throughout Southern California at special rates.) The WLALA Golf League is a series of once a month scramble tournaments for 5 months with an optional golf clinic in the mornings. Beginners start with the WLALA Golf League. Below is further description with some upcoming dates.
SCGA Advocating Women Lawyers Golf Club (a.k.a. SCGA WLALA Golf Club). The SCGA Advocating Women Lawyers Golf Club is organized through WLALA. We are licensed through the Southern California Golf Association (SCGA) to record handicaps. We golf monthly at courses and tournaments throughout Los Angeles County, playing either 9 or 18 holes. Pictured below are women who played Penmar in Venice during February. We will play Rancho Park (near Century City) on Sat. March 28. Future days of play include April 19 at Griffith Park and May 23 in Encino. Once again we are organizing a team for the LACBA Foundation golf tournament May 4.
Pictured: Cat-Uyen Vo, Maggie Levy, Jenna Norys, Stefani Washburn, Jacqueline Loza, Arlene Turinchak, Caroline Vincent, Cynthia Cohen, Shannon Blair and Debra Chodos.
Our SCGA WLALA Golf Club founding members are veterans of the WLALA Golf League. This Club gives opportunity for advanced beginners and intermediates to play more golf. True beginners start with the WLALA Golf League to learn ready golf. We actively seek new members to join our SCGA Club.
Join the WLALA SCGA Golf Club, click http://www.wlala.org/events/Sessions.aspx?id=526169
Play Rancho Park with the SCGA Club, click http://www.wlala.org/events/event_details.asp?id=609344
After playing Penmar, Stefani Washburn, Cat-Uyen Vo and Cynthia Cohen braved the rain to watch the PGA Northern Trust Open at Riveria Country Club. The PGA is a gentlemen’s game and chivalry is still alive. So nice when the guys hold the umbrellas for you – especially the pro on the green! Stefani Washburn’s friend (Charlie Beljan) played in the tournament.
Stefani Washburn, Cynthia Cohen, Cat-Uyen Vo
WLALA Golf League. WLALA Golf League is a series once a month where we play golf and have an option for lessons with golf pros at The Lakes. The Lakes is a 9-hole executive course. Networking continues on the 19th hole over drinks, appetizers, and contest prizes. Online registration occurs prior to the series and includes all five months. WLALA Golf League evolved from the Dec. 2012 seminar, “Get into the Swing: Business Development through Golf.” The WLALA Golf League is in its 6th series and this current series concludes in June. Beginners comprise 75% of the league and the other 25% are intermediates or team captains that lead the foursomes in a scramble format. (A scramble is team play where each foursome chooses the best shot to continue toward the green.) The series sells out every season. Next series starts in July.
See you on the greens!
WLALA Member Cynthia Cohen specializes in jury research, trial strategies, and settlement decision-making at Verdict Success. Dr. Cohen can be reached at 310-545-7914 or email@example.com.