Request for Nominations
Due June 9, 2017
The Daily Journal's Top 100 Lawyers Award
WLALA is seeking candidate recommendations for the Daily Journal's Top 100 Lawyers Award.* Please send in substantive recommendations and not just names. Incomplete nominations will not be considered given the short time frame. Candidates must satisfy the Daily Journal's criteria for nomination by WLALA and membership in WLALA is not a requirement for nomination:
The award honors California attorneys doing cutting-edge legal work.
To qualify for the Daily Journal's list of Top 100 Lawyers the candidate must be a licensed attorney based in California and a member in good standing of the California Bar, although the work can emanate from anywhere.
The LADJ understands many matters are sensitive. However, you must provide the names of matters and clients for all work listed on the submission in order to be considered for this nomination. The Daily Journal requires the names of clients but will only contact them for an interview if the nominee is selected to the list.
Please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2017:
Nominations must be submitted via an online form. For the submission documents, please provide the following information using this template:
A. Nominee information:
· Lawyer's Name
· Law Firm/other association
· Title/position (partner/shareholder)
· Phone number
· Email address
· Law School
· Bar Number
· Practice type (litigation; corporate; regulatory)
· Specialty (Patent, Labor & Employment, etc.)
B. Nominee’s work:
1) In 1-2 sentences please describe why this attorney is top in the field.
2) List major matters the lawyer has been lead counsel on in the past 1-2 years. Please write no more than 150 words on each matter but include the name of the matter, docket number and a client or supervisor we may contact. Please include contact number and email address.
3) Please list any matters in the past 1-2 years in which the attorney was not lead counsel but played a major role.
4) (Optional) Please list any volunteer legal activities, honors or professional associations that should be considered:
C. A photo of the Nominee is appreciated but not required.
D. Submitter’s full name, phone number and email address.
*WLALA has no role in selecting the Top 100 Lawyers. The selection process is run solely by the Daily Journal, not WLALA. However, every year, WLALA submits nominations to the Daily Journal for consideration by the Daily Journal. If you would like WLALA to nominate you or someone else for consideration by the Daily Journal’s 2017 Top 100 Lawyers, then please submit the information requested above to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on June 9, 2017. You may also submit a nomination directly to the Daily Journal by its deadline of July 14, 2017.
Ruth D. Kahn and Anne C. Tremblay
Co-Chairs, Awards and Recognition Committee