Share Your Bounty With Worthy Law Students and Contribute to the WLALA Foundation's 8th Annual Giving Campaign
Our Annual Giving Campaign raises money for law school scholarships and public interest law grants. Over the last 7 years, thanks to the generosity of individuals like you, almost 200 donors have contributed more than $110,000 to fund 29 scholarships and 10 public interest grants. As we all get ready to give thanks, won’t you share your bounty and make a contribution? Won’t you heed our WLALA President’s request that we invest in each other and invest in new legal talent? If anyone gave you a hand when you were a law student you must remember how grateful you were and what a difference it made. Our goal is to raise at least $15,000. Please be generous. Any amount you give will help. Rest assured it will be well used. For inspiration just read below about last year's 5 Scholarship Recipients and 2 Public Interest Grant Recipient. See if any of them are from your law school. We’ll share more in upcoming newsletters. And remember your contribution is tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Please CLICK HERE to make your contribution now.
Our 2013-14 Scholarship Recipients are:
· Cortney Cortez from Loyola. Her field of interest is immigration.
· Danielle Gersh from Loyola. Her field of interest is juvenile law.
· Jasmine Philips from UCLA. Her fields of interest are race, incarceration and recidivism.
· Justine Schneeweis from Loyola. Her field of interest is immigration.
· Nalleli Sandoval from Southwestern. Her fields of interest are women and children.
Our 2013-14 Public Interest Grant Recipients are:
· Megha Bhatt from UC Davis. Her field of interest is working with veterans.
· Danielle Glazer is at Duke. Her field of interest is the mentally ill.
Wishing you wonderful Thanksgiving Holidays and
Sending thanks for your support
On Behalf of the Annual Giving Committee