Request for Nominations
Request for Nominations: CWL 2018 Awards
WLALA is seeking candidates to nominate to the California Women Lawyers for its 2018 Awards. WLALA will confidentially vet all candidates for whom completed submissions are made on a timely basis to its Awards and Recognition Committee. Incomplete submissions cannot be considered by WLALA. After vetting, and a vote in favor of submission by the WLALA Board of Governors, successful candidates will be forwarded to CWL for final selection.
Please note that WLALA has no role in selecting the recipients for the CWL Awards. The selection process is run solely by CWL, not WLALA. However, every year, WLALA aims to submit nominations for consideration by CWL. If you would like WLALA to nominate you or someone else for consideration for one of CWL's 2018 Awards, then please submit the information requested to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 17, 2017.
The CWL awards for which WLALA is seeking nominations are:
JOAN DEMPSEY KLEIN DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD: http://www.cwl.org/programs/southern_california_joan_dempsey_klein_award.aspx
THE JUDITH SOLEY LAWYER AS CITIZEN AWARD: http://www.cwl.org/About_CWL/Judith_Soley_as_Citizen.aspx
THE FAY STENDER AWARD: http://www.cwl.org/About_CWL/Fay_Stender.aspx
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL NOMINATION SUBMISSIONS
Nominations should include:
- Nominee's Resume/Bio
- Nominee's Photo: Include a high resolution color photograph of the nominee
- Supporting Statement: Include a letter supporting the nominee as a worthy recipient of this honor with a description of how the nominee meets the above criteria - not to exceed five pages.
- Letters of Support: not to exceed five letters with a two page limit each.
- Articles: To present a comprehensive picture of the nominee, you may include up to three news/magazine articles written by or about the nominee.
- Nominating organization is strongly urged to participate in the planning.
Please note that you may re-submit a prior nomination.
Deborah Stein and Rachel Yoo
Co-Chairs, WLALA Awards and Recognition Committee