Margaret Brent Award
The Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award, established by the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession in 1991, recognizes and celebrates the accomplishments of women lawyers who have excelled in their field and have paved the way to success for other women lawyers.
Please note that WLALA has no role in selecting the recipients in the Margaret Brent Award. The selection process is run solely by the American Bar Association (ABA), not WLALA. However, WLALA will consider candidate recommendations for nomination by WLALA to the ABA for their consideration. If you would like WLALA to nominate you or another individual for the Margaret Brent Award then please submit the information requested below to this email firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Recommendations for the Margaret Brent Award, together with all required materials, are due to WLALA by 5:00 p.m. on November 27, 2017.
- The individual achieved professional excellence in her field AND
- Influenced other women to pursue legal careers, OR
- Opened doors for women lawyers in a variety of job settings that historically were closed to them, OR
- Advanced opportunities for women within a practice area or segment of the profession.
- ABA membership is not required.
- Online Nomination Form
- Nominee's Resume
- Award Criteria Narrative - no more than 3 typed pages
- Articles and Letters
For more information on the criteria and application requirements for the Margaret Brent Award, please go to